Each elementary school has a guidance counselor to assist students and parents/guardians with educational, personal, and career development aspects of the student’s growth. In order to provide an effective guidance program in the elementary schools, the following guidelines have been formulated.
- The primary focus of the program is directed toward educational guidance with emphasis upon direct contact with both parents and students
- Conferences with students and parents are encouraged
- Each elementary school has a guidance counselor to assist parents, students, faculty, and administration
- Group guidance directed toward meeting the needs of a specific group of individuals is scheduled in addition to individual conferences
- Counselors use available data to assist students and parents in planning the educational program
The guidance curriculum is designed to help students acquire age-appropriate knowledge and skills within the scope of the following content areas:
Motivation to achieve;
Decision-making, Goal-setting, Planning, Problem-solving skills;
Cross cultural effectiveness; and
Parents are encouraged to contact the school counselor for any assistance the student needs.
E-mail addresses and telephone numbers for each elementary school counselor are available upon selection of the Contact Your School Counselor to the left.